1. Speech Title as it is to be printed: You’ve Got to Have Hope.
2. Exact Date and Place of Speech Delivery: June 24, 1977; Gay Community Center (330 Grove Street), Gay Freedom Day, Castro Street, District Five, San Francisco, California
3. Complete Name of Speaker, with year of birth and year of death: Harvey Bernard Milk (1930-1978).
4. Complete name of editor or compiler of electronic text, with indication of role: Jason Edward Black (editor) and Benjamin Kimmerle (transcriber).
5. Date of Electronic edition: 2010.
6. Languages: English (100%)
7. San Francisco Public Library, James C. Hormel Gay and Lesbian Center, Harvey Milk Archives – Scott Smith Collection, collection number GLC 35, Box 9, Series 2d, 10pp.
8. Indication of editing functions performed (e.g., data entry, proof-reading), by whom (complete name), and when performed (complete [inclusive] date[s]): Jason Edward Black, initial archival copy, 6 August 2007; Benjamin Kimmerle, transcription and proof-reading of electronic copy-text, 22 January 2010; Jason Edward Black, collation of electronic copy-text with other versions, 4 February 2010; Jason Edward Black, editing of electronic text, 9 September 2010; Jason Edward Black, final proof-reading of edited electronic text, 10 September 2010.